I bring the night alive and keep the floor jam-packed! You request it and I play it! The party will be epic as I spin the music to move the crowd! My career is born from hip-hop roots. I've become the master crowd mover using a variety of music to get everyone on the dance floor. Check the reviews. :-) 2020 The Knot.com Best of Wedding award winner!
Make the night unforgettable!
I commit to one event a day. Your special moment will my undivided attention!
You made an excellent choice by considering Smooth Moves DJs. I'm an awarding winning DJ committed to making every event unforgettable.
Choosing me will guarantee your special occasion is in the hands of a professional that cares. That is me!
My personalized service provides an incredible selection of music to set the party mood. I play everything from yesterday's hits to today's hottest tracks. You can create your own playlist to ensure your guest hear the music you like.
I perform all master of ceremonies duties and keep the party on schedule by announcing all activities as planned. The party atmosphere will be festive as I engage the guests and play requests to get everyone celebrating your special day. It will be an epic day.
My Answers to your Questions
1. How would you describe your style?
I have a versatile style. I play music based on your playlist and requests. I like to play upbeat jazz and familiar love songs at a low volume during dinner so guests can talk and enjoyed.
After dinner, I stick your instructions. Whatever genre you request is what I will play. Hip-hop, R&B, Pop, Soul, Classic Rock, and any other music genre are fine with me. Customer service is my priority. I want you to enjoy the music and dance the night away.
2. Can we come listen to you perform?
Sure you can see me at local party. But I would never invite a potential client to a wedding reception performance. A wedding is a personal and private occasion, not an audition for the next client.
3. Do you know our reception space and its acoustic, power and amplification requirements? If not, will you check it out beforehand?
Yes, I always check the venue months ahead of time to ensure I will have the proper equipment. I have performed at many venues on multiple occasions, so I probably have played at the one you choose.
4. Can you play the songs that are important to us (such as a traditional Jewish hora tune or a favorite pop hit)?
Yes, I will play any tradition song requested by the wedding couples. I encourage couples to create a playlist during the wedding planning. I will get the music on their playlist free of charge.
5. Do you have a partner? Normally I worked alone. If the wedding reception requires extra help, I will let the couple know of my changes during the planning stage.
6. Would we need to rent equipment (extra speakers or a stage)?
I require a six or eight-foot skirted table and close access a stable power source.
7. Do you plan to use lighting or any other special effects?
I love party lights. I will provide party lights at your request and no extra charge. I suggest to clients if the lights will create the atmosphere they desire.
8. Who will do the setup?
I will do the setup and tear down at no cost. I coordinate with the venue's event manager to arrange access time and departure time.
9. How do you ensure a comfortable sound level for all the guests?
I advise every client about the seating arrangement. While customers typically want mature adults in the front rows, I often point out the music volume challenge. I arrange the speakers to ensure everyone is comfortable.
10. What do you typically wear?
I always ask what the expectation for attire. Being overdress or inappropriately dressed can taint the night, so presentation is essential to the night's success. I make a focused effort to be approachable. Looking good and providing service with a smile is important.
11. How many hours are included in the package?
Four hours is the minimum package. I do not take breaks during the four services. The music is continuous during all services and breaks are five minutes at a maximum.
12. How do you handle song requests?
I will accept song requests based on your instruction. I do not play explicit lyric versions.
13. Can you act as the master of ceremonies?
I include Master of Ceremonies activities in my package. I enjoy hosting the reception. Its also been my privilege to watch the couples' family members or friends do the hosting; it can add a very personal touch.
14. How many weddings do you typically do in a year?
I perform up 25 wedding a year.
15. Do you have another wedding gig before or after ours?
I perform one event a day, so you have my undivided attention.
16. What's your sick day policy?
I have a reliable replacement. My backup DJ may be better than me. Lol. We used the same format, so we are familiar with expectations. We continuously share music to support each other, and his focus on the customer is equal to mine. There will be no last minute change.
17. Do you have liability insurance?
Yes, Traveler Insurance is my provider.
18. What's your backup plan if there's an equipment malfunction?
I travel with back up equipment. It is always readily available.
19. What's your cancellation policy?
I will not cancel the contract within 30 days of the event.
20. How do you motivate a shy crowd to dance?
I will verbally engage the audience to get them on the dance floor. Also, I will play songs that are known to get people dancing.
21. Can you supply your master playlist in advance?
I provide a MOST REQUESTED List to every client. They can use that list to create their list. At the client's request, I will get any songs that are not on the list.
Read my reviews on the knot.com
Check out a couple of videos from recent Smooth Moves DJs receptions.
I look forward to talking with you.
DJ HB - Henry Brown
Smooth Moves DJs Owner
call or text757 871 5333
Relationships create Strength, Growth, and Legacy!